Join us at The Ahwhanee Hotel for great food, music, and winter fun! This years' Snowball will include: heavy hors d'oeuvres, delicious Ahwahnee desserts, three drink tickets, a snazzy silent auction, and live music in the Winter Club Room!
Now selling Memberships! Thank you for your support.
Follow thes links to join:
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Joining the Yosemite Winter Club is a great idea for many reasons. You will not only support winter sports in Yosemite, but you will also receive the following membership benefits:
- Free admission to the Pray for Snow Party and Gear Swap which includes a delicious burrito bar dinner, a chance to win one of 30 transferable lift ticket to Badger Pass, a chance to win a pair of skis (valued at $400!), Warren Miller ski films to inspire you for the season, and of course, the company of fellow winter sports enthusiasts like you!
- 1 free lift ticket
- Unlimited 50% off Badger Pass lift tickets, rentals (including XC), and group lessons (does NOT include private lessons) -- NO BLACKOUT DATES!! HOORAY!
- Unlimited Curry Village Ice Rink Tickets and 50% off rentals
- Badger Pass Season Pass for $119 adults and $99 children 13-17, $69 children under 12 - with all new benefits this year.
- Participate with the Downhill or Freestyle Ski Teams, Hockey Team, or Ice Skating program
- Participate in winter adventures such as cross-country ski group-trips to Ostrander Ski Hut, Glacier Point Ski Hut, or the famous trans-Sierra.
- Special invites and reduced prices for some serious snowy socials: Pray for Snow Party, Snow Ball, Ancient Jocks Race, Foresta Fall Hill Climb, and many more.
- Free admission to the Ancient Jocks Race (fun giant-slalom race for members who are 30 or older!
- Ability to support youth scholarships - including sponsoring school ski days, ski camps, and awards for art that supports the spirit of Yosemite in winter!
- Insurance coverage for all Winter Club Programs (ice-skating, ski team, hockey, and cross-country ski club)
- And our favorite - you're helping to keep the rich history of the YWC alive...since 1928!
Price: Adults $25 Child Member $20 (12 and under)
Family Membership a family of 4 for $75.
How do you get your YWC membership card?
- Attend Pray for Snow Party - Friday Nov 15!
- Or you can pick it up at Badger Pass' front desk! YOU MUST print out your receipt (or have it on your mobile device!), in addition to having a photo ID.
- 8 Yosemite Winter Club Board Meeting
- 15 Gear Swap - Garden Terrace (drop your gear at 3pm)
- 15 Pray for Snow Party - Membership Dinner 5:00 Garden Terrace Yosemite Lodge
- 22 Ice Rink Opens (weather permitting) 3:30 pm
- 13 Badger Pass Opens (Weather permitting)
- 11-12 Bear Valley Ski Race
- 19-20 First Ski (XC)
- 31 Snowball Social at The Ahwahnee Hotel
- 8-9 Dodge Ridge Ski Race
- 15 Ostrander Ski Hut Trip (XC)
- 1-2 China Peak Ski Race
- 1 - 3 Glacier Point Hut Trip Cross Country
- 2 Ice Rink closing date (anticipated)
- 15-16 Silver Ski Race at Badger Pass
- 20 - 24 Trans Sierra Ski Trip (XC)
- 30 Badger Pass anticipated closing date (anticipated)
- 22 Highway Clean-up
- 15 Scholarships due
Please join the Yosemite Ski Team for the Silver Ski dinner and award ceremony at Curry Village in Yosemite National Park. Reserve now to save your spot!
Make sure you print out the email receipt and bring it to the dinner!
Chips & Salsa on each table
Yosemite Winter Club Ancient Jocks Race - Saturday, March 2nd, 2013
It's that time of year again to race/chug/race with your YWC friends at Badger Pass! What is an ancient jock? Anyone over 30 who can ski or snowboard, taking a brief break to chug a beer or soda. Awards to top finishers in each age group. More details soon, save the date!
Begin sign up at 9 a.m. at Front Desk...race starts at 1:30; meet at top of Badger Run
Volunteer to help with Sunday's Nordic Holiday Freestyle race and get free race entry on Saturday and a free lift ticket at Badger Pass
Volunteer to help with Sunday's Freestyle race and get free race entry on Saturday and a free lift ticket at Badger Pass Nordic Holiday Race Volunteer Opportunity A day of XC skiing with friends, cheering on super fast Nordic Holiday Race skate skiers and friends, and helping out the Winter Club. What could be better? How about free entry in Saturday’s 18K Classic Race and/or the Telemark Race, plus free fully transferrable lift tickets, courtesy of your ever-appreciative Winter Club?
Join us for the annual Yosemite Winter Club Pray for Snow Party
Friday November 16, 2012
Drop off gear for the swap at 3pm
Party starts at 5pm
Garden Terrace at Yosemite Lodge
• Delicious BBQ style dinner
• Cool YWC swag – coaster (free) and pint glasses ($5/each)
• YWC annual membership - 50% off lift tickets, ice skating, winter rental gear (unlimited!), Discounted Season Pass ($99 for members!), Discounts at YWC events, and More!
• Warren Miller films to get you feelin’ warm about winter